- File-level scanning of some email servers, backup software, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, etc. causes abnormal system behavior
- Use ESET Configuration Editor to create a configuration that excludes specific applications or folders from Real-time scanning
ESET Remote Administrator (ERA) users: Perform these steps in ERA
- Press the F5 key to access Advanced setup.
- Click Antivirus and then click Edit next to Paths to be excluded from scanning in the Exclusions section.
- Click Add, type the directory that you want to exclude from scanning in the field next to Exclude for paths and then click OK.
To exclude the contents of an entire drive (all "child" folders), the * symbol can be used as a wildcard. For example, to exclude scanning of some applications, you would enter C:\temp\2017\april\app*.exe or C:\temp\2017\april\*.exe in the Exclusion: field to exclude all applications in the directory. The *.* symbol can be used to exclude only the contents of the folder itself. For additional information on the use of wildcards to exclude file/folder scanning, press F1 from the Add exclusion window. When excluding a specific file, ensure that you use the full path beginning with the drive letter.
- Click OK to close the Add exclusion window and then click OK twice to save your changes and exit Advanced setup.